Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Single Most Depressing Sentence I Have Ever Read On Wikipedia

I know I didn't know who ANY of these 3 bands were back in 2004, and I don't even know where Lollapalooza is located. What I do know is this: what I just read on the Sonic Youth page of Wikipedia is terrifyingly depressing. Here is the sentence

"The band (Sonic Youth) was also slated to perform in 2004's Lollapalooza tour along with acts such as The Pixies and The Flaming Lips, but the concert was canceled due to lackluster ticket sales."

Ummmmmmm, WHAT? Are all 3 of these bands THAT unpopular or THAT irrelevant that they had to CANCEL a show featuring them? Sure, they might not be in their prime at this stage of their careers..........but who gives a cat's nipple? I will bet you anything that HAD this concert gone down, it would have been memorable. Good or bad, it would have been memorable. Seriously, that statement just depresses me.

GAH! YOU CANNOT CANCEL THAT SHOW! YOU JUST DON'T!

Now go listen to Doolittle & Bad Moon Rising. Tell me THAT doesn't mess your junk up.

No comments:

Post a Comment